CareCounsel is a healthcare assistance program providing healthcare education, information, advocacy and coaching. Expert Carecounselors, who are health care professionals, are available by telephone to assist retirees with the following:
Who is eligible?
- Understanding health benefits and Medicare options.
- Acting as a liaison with healthcare providers.
- Assisting with claims, payment problems or service denials.
- Assisting in the selection of a primary care provider, specialist, hospital or long-term care provider
- Helping retirees get the most from doctor visits.
- Addressing provider issues, such as getting appointments or referrals.
- Locating community resources, support groups and useful health-related web sites
- Understanding managed care services.
The CareCounsel Healthcare Assistance Program is available to all City retirees and their survivors. The program requires no enrollment process and there is no cost to the retiree.
This program is not available to active members or their dependents.
You may reach CareCounsel Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) at 1-888-227-3334. You may leave a message after hours and a CareCounselor will return your call the next business morning. You may also contact them via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
. More information about CareCounsel is available on their web site, at www.carecounsel.com.